There’s a huge misconception about art and artists. Most people believe that you are born with talent or not, and there’s nothing you can do about it. While we can’t all be Van Goghs, the desire to create, along with proper instruction, can take a person of modest talent a long way towards creating art. If you’ve ever had the urge to embrace your artistic side, why not do it? It doesn’t matter whether you think you are talented or not.
Here are some of the best ways that picking up your paint brush can benefit your brain and mental health.
- Art stimulates the imagination
- Art makes you more observant
- Art enhances problem-solving skills
- Art reduces stress
- Art encourages out-of-the-box thinking and lets you come up with your own unique solution
- Art enhances cognitive abilities and memory, even for people with serious brain conditions